Friday, February 28, 2014

Games #16, #17, #18

Game #16 is from the final round of the 8PM ICC February G60 Open.  I was sitting at 2/3 points.  Since I started the tournament as a provisional player I wasn't eligible for the U1700 class prize (I started with a 1382 rating).




Didn't get the win I was hoping for, but a 2.0 score was good enough for 7th place in a field of 29.  The average elo of my opponents was 1844.  I was tied for 1st for the U1700 class prize, but since I started as a provisional player I wasn't eligible for the 6 week free membership.

Game #17 is from the final round of the 11PM ICC February G60 Open.  I was sitting at 1/3 points although I got a full point bye.




Finally a win in the night owl's section, although it wasn't very satisfying since he basically just played a poor sacrifice early in the game.  I finished 11th in a field of 39.  The average elo of my opponents was 1708.  Funny how I did worse against worse competition. :)

Overall my ICC rating went up 250 points due to the two tournaments.

Game #18 is from the DHLC Slow Chess Weekly.




Don't think I played particularly well in this game, but I'll take the win.

Still falling back into bad habits of taking too much time in the opening phase.  Still having visualization errors when analyzing lines.  Overall you could say I'm playing well, but the spots I'm not playing well concern me. I've been actively trying to get more standard games scheduled and I think my opponent from game #18 would be willing to play me, although he's not quite in the rating range I'm looking for.  OTOH, he's played a lot better than some other people who were rated 200 points above him.  I've gotten away from my endgame studies since I finished the Pandolfini book and only got 1 chapter into the Howell book.  I intend to finish that book by the middle of March.

My current stats:
Class E: +3 -1 =0 75%
Class D: +4 -0 =0 100%
Class C: +2 -2 =2 50%
Class B: +3 -3 =0 50%
Class A: +1 -2 =0 33.3%


No comments:

Post a Comment